The Department of Chemistry was established in the year 2011 with UG degree to render services to the students’ community of this rural area to meet the growing, young and aspiring women to achieve their goal. The department was uplifted as the post graduate department in the year 2015. Qualified faculty members, excellent infrastructure with two modernized Chemistry laboratories provides ample opportunities to the students’ to become leading winning personalities. The focus of the Department is the wholistic development of the students and involve them in curricular and co-curricular activities. The department has registered good academic record and achieved University rank in Periyar University Examinations.
Producing development oriented women through Chemistry education.
- Imparting life oriented knowledge in Chemistry
- Instilling research orientation among the women graduates
- Equipping with skills through hands-on experience in lab programmes.
- Chemistry Lab I
- Chemistry Lab II
Instruments and Equipments
- Photoelectric Calorimeter
- Hot Air Oven
- Electrical Centrifuging Machine
- Hand Centrifuging Machine
- Succession Machine
- Hot Plate
- Electronic Digital Balance (0.0001g)
- Digital Conductivity meter(Infra)
- Digital Potentiometer (Infra) with Stirrer
- Digital pH meter
- Heating Mantle
- Electric Bunsen Burner
- Magnetic Stirrers
- Chromatographic Column
- Fractional Distillation apparatus