DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND APPLICATIONS
The Department of Computer Science was established in 2009. At present, the Department offers Under Graduate course (Computer Science & BCA) and Post Graduate Course (M.Sc Computer Science). The Department of Computer Science has well-equipped laboratories and latest software have been installed to enable the students to pursue their knowledge. The faculty constitutes a team of 14 dedicated Members. The department has excelled in its teaching learning methodology and has consistent good academic track. It provides quality education and training in the areas of Computer Science and Applications. Also it encourages the student and faculty to actively participate in seminars and conferences. We are highly elated to say that this national workshop is one more feather in the cap of the department of this college.
The department was headed by Mr. Rathinakumar with 2 faculty members in the year 2009. In 2010-11 and Mrs. S. Pavithra headed the department from 2010. In the following academic years, the team of faculty members raised to 8 with 1 Lab Administrator. In year 2015-2016 onwards Mrs. M. Bagyamathi as the Head of the Department with 13 staff and 1 Lab Administrator.
To enhance technical empowerment of rural women for self and social upliftment
- Offering skill based technical knowledge to become self-dependence.
- Molding rural student as socially responsible women through departmental extension activities.
The computer science association is inaugurated in the year 2010 with the intention to provide ample opportunities to the students to develop their leadership quality, skills and potential beyond the classroom. Every year the department association conducts an election to elect the organizing president, the student secretary and joint secretaries to undertake an effective role in organizing the events planned for that academic year.
The department association has organized the following state and national level seminars, conferences and workshops and also motivated the students and staff members to participate and present papers in various intercollegiate events.
|Date||Name of the Institute||
|No. of Participants
|12.02.20||Laxmi Narayana Arts and Science College for Women,
|State Level Seminar||06||Participation|
|07.02.20||Periyar University,Salem||VR EXPO Industry 4.0 National Level Symposium||20||I Prize in Quiz&II Prize in 1Marketing|
|14.08.19||Krishna Arts and Science College,Krishnagiri||National Workshop on Mobile Application Development||20||Participated|
|04.09.19||Gonzaga College of Arts and Science for Women||National Conference on Machine Learing and Artificial Intelligence||288||Organized by the department|
|18.09.18||St.Joseph’s College of arts &science for women||National level conference on Prominent Challenges in IT||06||Participated|
|17.09.18||Gonzaga College of Arts and Science for Women||National Workshop on Python Programming||264||Organized by the department|
|11.09.18||Morappur Kongu college of arts &science-Morappur||International Seminar on recent innovations in IT||15||Participated|
|20.07.18||Sacrad Heart College||Julia Programming||14||Participated|
|28.09.17||MarudharKesari Jain College for Women, Vaniyambadi||Art and Smart||07||Participated|
|19.09.17||M.G. R Arts and Science College, Hosur||Two days Technical Symposium on EXPO 2K17||14||Participated|
|18.08.17||Gonzaga College of Arts and Science for Women||National conference on Novel Approaches in Computer Science and Technologies (NCNACST ’17)||375||Organized by the department|
|05.08.17||Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur.||NLCSEA ‘17||10||Participated|
|04.08.17||Adhiyamaan College of Arts and Science for Women,Uthangarai||National Level Workshop on COMAPPSS ’17
|15.09.16||Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur||Space 2K16.||11||Participated|
|09.09.16||Don Bosco College, Yelagiri||BOSCON ‘16||11||Participated|
|03.09.16||Don Bosco College, Dharmapuri.||Bit Crack 2K16||05||I Prize in Marketing|
|23.08.16||Gonzaga College of Arts and Science for Women||National Workshop on Big Data Analytics using Hadoop||455||Organized by the department|
|08.12.15||St.Joseph’s Arts and Science College for Women, Hosur||One Day National Conference on “Prominent Challenges in Information Technology”||16||Participated|
|23.09.15||Gonzaga College of Arts and Science for Women||National Conference on “Emerging Technologies for a Smarter World||341||Organized by the department|
|16.09.15||Loyola College of Arts and Science, Vettavalam, Thiruvannamalai||Folk Festival on “ManninkalaigalaiMeeteduppom”||04||Won prizes
|10.09.15||Sacred Heart College (Autonomous) Tirupattur||SPACE ‘15||11||Won cash prizes and Overall Championship|
|04.09.15||Periyar University, Salem||National Level Symposium||08||Participated|
|02.09.15||Don Bosco College||Two days workshop||07||Participated|
|25.08.15||Vysya College, Salem.||State level Inter-Collegiate Meet –TEQfest 2015||18||Participated|
|13.08.15||Sri Ganesh College of Arts and Science, Salem||One Day Workshop||40||Participated|
|Periyar University, Salem||Research workshop on “Medical Image Processing on Segmentation Techniques”||3||Participated|
|20.09.14||Gonzaga College of Arts and Science for Women||National Conference Advanced Technologiesin Computer Science||265||Organized by the department|
|13.09.14||Sri VidhyaMadhir College, Uttangarai||Level Seminar on Advanced Technologies in Computer Science.||08||Overall Championship|
|12.09.14||Bosco Institute of Technology, Yelagiri Hills, Tirupattur||Intercollegiate Meet – Boscon 2014||16||I prize in poster presentation, II prize in IT Quiz and Marketing, third prize in paper presentation|
|12.09.14||Periyar University Arts and Science College, Pennagaram, Dharmapuri District||International Conference on “Big Data and Distributed Systems”||2||Presented Paper|
|01.08.14||Sacred Heart College (Autonomous), Tirupattur||Phone gap workshop on Android development||12||Participated|
|10.10.13||AET College, Attur, Salem||National Conference on Advanced in Computer Technology NCAT 2013||08||Presented Paper|
|AdhiyamanCollege of Engineering, Hosur||National Level Conference||1||Participated|
|20.09.13||Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur||Inter-Collegiate Meet, SPACE 2013||10||III prize in Tec Intelleta|
|13.09.13||Bosco Institute of Technology, Yelagiri Hills, Thirupattur||Inter-Collegiate meet,Boscon 2013||08||Won Overall Championship|
|08.02.13||Gonzaga College of Arts and Science for Women||One-day State Level Seminar||117||Organized by the department|
|29.09.12||Bosco Institute of Technology, Yelagir||BOSCON -12||15||Won Overall Championship|
|23.09.11||Bosco Institute of Information Technology, Yelagiri||Technical symposium||08||Participated and won prizes|
|16.09.11||Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur||“Space-11” Technical Programme||10||Participated and won prizes|
|Er. Perumal Manimegalai Engineering College,
|The Eight days Faculty Development Programme on “.NET Programming” is conducted by ICTACT||5||Participated|
|30.08.11||AVS College, Salem||National Level Seminar||8||Paper presented|
STUDENT ENRICHMENT PROGRAMME
The department association frequently offers wide range of events to create good platform for the students of various departments to expose their latent talents. The following are the interdepartmental and intradepartmental activities conducted by the department.
|23.01.20||SquashCS’2020 “ Internet of Things”|
|18.07.18||Scientific talk on Computing|
|13.07.17||Guest Lecture on Artificial Intelligence|
|16.02.17||Guest Lecture and IT QUIZ|
|03.08.16||One day seminar and Intra departmental Paper Presentation|
|05.07.16||Guest Lecturer on “Project Development with .Net Programming”.|
|25.02.15||IT Quiz on “Recent Trends and Technologies”|
|11.09.13||IT Quiz and Marketing|
|13 .08.13||Paper Presentation|
|24.09.10||Lecture on “Computers in Real Life”|
|07.09.2019||CSTechForum’19 “Digital India 2020||I,II and III prize by Computer Science,BCA,Maths,Commerce department respectively|
|27.01.17||Quiz competition and Poster Presentation||I,II and III prize by BCA, Chemistry and English department respectively|
The department organizes the following industrial visits for the final year students of both UG and courses with the intention to make them aware of the automated processing of various tools and products. Students can also acquire the real time knowledge on the industrial process.
|Date||Venue||No. of Students|
|29.09.19||Bhavani Singh’s Perfumery Paradise & Home Made Chocolates,Yercoud,Salem District||77|
|20.09.18||Selva Stone Export Private Limited, Salinayanapalli, Bargur, Krishnagiri District||96|
|19.09.17||Mr. Aravind, production unit officer, P.G Industries, Hosur,||87|
|28.09.16||Salem Steel Plant, Salem||60|
DEPARTMENT EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
Department Extension activities are initiated as one of the regular activity to shape our students socially sensible. The following activities are organized for the benefit of the rural peoples and underprivileged school children.
|19.07.19||Positives on Computer Technology||Government Girls Higher Secondary School,Krishnagiri|
|14.08.18||Windows and Linux – Basics||Government Higher Secondary School,Orappam Village,Krishnagiri.|
|06.09.17||Educate Every Child Computer||St.Xavier’s Middle School, Kandhikuppam, Krishnagiri|
|14.10.16||“Faster Society in the World”||St. Antony’s Higher Secondary School,Elathagiri, Krishnagiri District.|
|17.09.16||Awareness on E- Banking||IyarkaiMagalirMandram’,BalinayanapalliVillage, Krishnagiri District.|
|01.02.16||Computer in the Modern World||Gonzaga Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Kathampallam, Elathagiri, Krishnagiri|
|23.01.16||Computer Skill Training Programme to Non-teaching Staff Members||Gonzaga College of Arts and Science for Women, Kathampallam, Elathagiri,Krishnagiri|
|31.11.15||A Course on “Basics of C Language”||Government Higher Secondary School, Orappam Village, Krishnagiri|
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS RECEIVED BY FACULTY
- Ms.M Bagyamathi, Head of the Department has qualified for the lecturership by State Eligibility Test – 2016.
- Ms.M Bagyamathi, Head of the Department has received her doctoral degree (officially) on 25.06.2019.
- Ms.M Bagyamathi & Inbarani, H. H., “Comparative Analysis of Rough Set and Rough PSO based Feature Selection Algorithms for Protein Sequence Classification”, Proceedings of the International Conference on “Big Data Analysis and Distributed Systems” held at PRUCAS, Dharmapuri on 12-September-2014, pp. 26-41, ISBN No. 978-81-9266606-0-8.
- Ms.M Bagyamathi, Inbarani, H. H., & Azar, A. T., (2015). A Novel Hybrid Feature Selection Method based on Rough Set and Improved Harmony Search. Neural Computing and Applications, Springer–Verlag. 26(8), 1859-1880. [SCIE Indexed & DBLP Indexed; Impact Factor: 1.763]
- Ms.M Bagyamathi & Inbarani, H. H., (2015). A Novel Hybridized Rough Set and Improved Harmony Search based Feature Selection for Protein Sequence Classification. Big Data in Complex Systems: Challenges and Opportunities, Studies in Big Data series 9(1). 173-204, Springer-Verlag GmbH, Berlin, Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-319-11055-4 [Scopus Indexed]
- Ms.M Bagyamathi & Inbarani, H. H., (2015). Feature Selection using Improved Harmony Search Hybridized with Relative Reduct for Medical Data Classification. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), 10( 20), 19476 – 19480. [Scopus Indexed]
- Ms.M Bagyamathi & Inbarani, H. H., “Feature Selection using Relative Reduct hybridized with Improved Harmony Search for Protein Sequence Classification”, in the National Conference on “Prominent Challenges in Information Technology (PCIT ’15)” held at St. Joseph’s College of Arts & Science for Women, Hosur from 8-12-15 to 9-12-15, published in International Journal of Trend in Research and Development (IJTRD), ISSN: 2394-9333, Special Issue.
- Ms.M Bagyamathi & Dr. H. Hannah Inbarani, “A Novel Dimensionality Reduction using Rough Set hybridized with Black Hole Algorithms with Data Classification”, In: Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Innovations in Information Embedded and Communication Systems (ICIIECS ’16), 17.03.2016 & 18.03.2016, Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Ms.M Bagyamathi & Dr. H Hannah Inbarani, “Prediction of Protein Structural Classes using Rough Set based Feature Selection and Classification Framework”, Journal of Recent Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Special Issue 8, August 2017, pp. 1-9.
- Ms. M Bagyamathi & Dr. H Hannah Inbarani, “Prediction of Protein Structural Classes by Pseudo Amino AcidComposition Using Improved Harmony Search Relative ReductFeature Selection and Rough Set Classification Algorithms”, International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering,Vol. 4, Special Issue 9, Sep 2017, pp. 55-65.
- Ms.C Malarvizhi & Ms. K Suganya, “A Study on Knowledge Representation with Hybrid Representation Structure”, International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering,Vol. 4, Special Issue 9, Sep 2017, pp. 1-6.
- Ms. B Nithya, Ms. K S Dhanalskhmi & Dr. R Rathipriya, “A Comparison of K-Means and Fuzzy C-Means Clustering Algorithm for Gene Expression Data”, International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering,Vol. 4, Special Issue 9, Sep 2017, pp. 83-88.
- Ms. C Deepa & Dr. S Sagayaraj, “Evaluation of Semantic Retrieval”, International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering,Vol. 4, Special Issue 9, Sep 2017, pp. 94-101.
- Ms. K S Dhanalakshmi & Ms. B Nithya, “A Distributed Database Architecture for Global Roaming in Next-Generation Mobile Networks”, Journal of Recent Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Special Issue 8, August 2017, pp. 31-37.
- Ms.K Suganya & Ms. C Malarvizhi, “Solving Cyber Credit Card Fraud Detection with the help of Big Data Analytics Techniques”, International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering,Vol. 4, Special Issue 9, Sep 2017, pp. 74-82.
- Ms. M Abinaya & Ms. J. Anitha Joseph, “Research and Development using Android Platform”, Vol. 4, Special Issue 8, August 2017, pp. 20-24.
- Ms. J Anitha Joseph & Ms. M Abinaya, “Information Security Technologies”, Journal of Recent Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Special Issue 8, August 2017, pp. 25-30.
- Ms. P Naveena, “QOS Oriented Distributed Routing Protocols for Hybrid Wireless Networks. A Survey”, International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering,Vol. 4, Special Issue 9, Sep 2017, pp. 30-38.
- Ms. R Padmapriya & Ms. G Durga, “Efficient broadcast in Mobile Networks through Channel Randomness”, Journal of Recent Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Special Issue 8, August 2017, pp. 38-44.
- Ms. G Durga & Ms. R Padmapriya, “Map Reduce using Phase level scheduling in Fine-Grained Resource”, Journal of Recent Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Special Issue 8, August 2017, pp. 51-58.
- Ms.K Krishnaveni & Ms. S Sivapriya, “A Study on Big Data Mining Tools and Techniques”, International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering,Vol. 4, Special Issue 9, Sep 2017, pp. 48-54.
- Ms. S Anbarasi, “Study of Methods and Techniques in the field of Computational Intelligence Techniques”, Journal of Recent Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Special Issue 8, August 2017, pp. 15-19.
- Ms. S Sivapriya & Ms. K. Krishnaveni, “Study of Efficient Mobility Scheme for Manet to improve Throughput”, International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering,Vol. 4, Special Issue 9, Sep 2017, pp. 39-47.
- Ms. P Lincy Adaikala Jothy (2018), “Identification on people involved in social media discussion using an improved features based K-Means clustering algorithms”, International Journal of Trend in Research and Development (IJTRD), Special Issue.
- Inbarani, H. H., Azar, A. T., & Bagyamathi M (2018). Hybrid Rough Set and Black Hole based Feature Selection Algorithms for Protein Structure Prediction, International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms, Inderscience Publishers. [Scopus Indexed] (Accepted & In-Press).
SUBJECT EXPERTS’ VISIT
The following subject experts and eminent personalities have visited the department and suggested valuable ideas for the development of the department.
|S.No||Name of the Person||S.No||Name of the Person|
|Dr. C. Chandrasekar,
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Periyar University, Salem.
|Dr. S. Sagayaraj, Associate Professor and Head, PG Department of Computer Science, Sacred Heart College (Autonomous), Tirupattur.|
|Dr. I. Laurence Aroquiaraj, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Periyar University, Salem.||
|Dr.Lilly Florence, Professor, Department of M.C.A.,
Adhiyamaan Engineering College,
|Dr. H. Hannah Inbarani,
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Periyar University, Salem.
|Dr.Vidyathulasiraman, Head & Professor, Department of Computer Science, Government Arts & Science College for Women, Bargur, Krishnagiri .|
|Dr.Rev.Fr.S.Thaddeus, S.D.B, Principal.||
|Ms. M. Reena Elizabeth, Senior Associate, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Bangalore, Karnataka.|
|Dr.L.Rakesh, M.E., Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Head, Department of Computer Science and engineering, Jain Institute of Technology, Davangere, Karnataka.
|Prof.T.Lavanya, M.C.A., M.Phil., (Ph.D), Assistant Professor & Head, Department of Computer Science,
Government Women College, Krishnagiri.
|Dr.N.Sureshkumar, M.E., D.lit., Ph.D., Associate Professor, School of Computer Engineering, VIT University, Vellore.||
|Mr.Manjunatha Krishna Reddy, B.E., M.B.A., Technology Specialist, Infosys Private Limited, Bangalore.|
|Dr. B. Senthil Murugan, M.C.A., (Ph.D)., Senior Assistant Professor, School of Information Technology and Engineering, VIT University, Vellore.||
|Mr. P. Mohamed Shaffi, M.Sc., M.Phil., Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Computer Science, N.A.M College, Kallikanndy, Kerala.|
|Mr. Mathan Sukumar,
IT Operation Manager,Infosys Limited, Bangalore,Karnataka.
|Mr. M. Selvakarthi Natesan, Technical Lead Goldspot Media India Private Limited,Bangalore.|
- To promote the students as University Rank Holders.
- To improve the qualification of the staff members by clearing SET/NET examinations or Ph. D completion.
- To strengthen the department by developing research works.
- To obtain UGC/ DST funded projects for the department.